1. Terms in this document
'We' or 'Us' refers to Decor Ireland Ltd, T/A Petersons - Contact Us.
'You', 'the user' or 'the customer' refers to anyone who visits or uses Decor Ireland Ltd 's Petersons website - www.petersonstools.com.
2. The Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act, Decor Ireland Ltd has a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. Decor Ireland Ltd uses leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and keeps strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
3. What information does Decor Ireland Ltd collect?
Decor Ireland Ltd collects the following kinds of information from users via our registration and order forms:
- Contact details (such as name, email, and postal address)
- Unique identifiers (such as username and password)
- Feedback (through users emailing Decor Ireland Ltd/Petersons and website forms)
- Queries and customer satisfaction survey results (via the Petersons website)
- site usage information and using cookies
4. How Decor Ireland Ltd uses your information
Contact details are used to process and ship orders, and to send information about our company. The customer's contact details are also used to send promotional material to our customers, and to get in touch with the customer when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings & telemarketing activity, and opt in to email activity.
Unique identifiers (such as username and password) are collected from website visitors to verify the user's identity.
Information collected by Decor Ireland Ltd is also used to:
- improve the content/layout of our website
- tell users about updates to our website
- contact users to respond to their queries
Decor Ireland Ltd does not share this information with other organisations for marketing, market research or other commercial purposes.
Decor Ireland Ltd may give your contact details (such as name, email, and postal address) to reputable third parties for reasons that we regard to be commercially beneficial for you. Examples of such third parties are: (a) prospective customers who contact us about products we cannot supply to them directly, (b) our suppliers so they can list you on their website as a stockist of their products.
Cookies are pieces of data created when you visit a website, which are stored in the cookies directory of your computer. Cookies are created when you visit our website. Our website cookies store a random number on your computer to help us count the number of times users return to the site. The cookies do not contain any personal information about you, and they can't be used to identify an individual person.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. If you don't know how to do this, contact your system administrator or IT advisor. Alternatively, Decor Ireland Ltd's website team may be able to assist you.
6. What happens when you follow a link to another website?
7. What happens when you come to the Petersons website from another website?
8. Access to your information
You have the right to access the data we hold against your records. We will supply this within 40 days of the request being received by us, at a nominal charge of £10 per access request.
- what personal information Decor Ireland Ltd collects
- how Decor Ireland Ltd uses your personal information
- when (if ever) Decor Ireland Ltd shares your personal information with someone else